Las Vegas (December 18, 2018)—The WNBA released its 2019 schedule today, and the Las Vegas Aces begin pursuit of their first league championship on Sunday, May 26 with a 5 pm PT home tilt against the Los Angeles Sparks at Mandalay Bay Events Center (view complete schedule/watch the MGM Minute interview with Coach Laimbeer about the schedule).
The WNBA’s regular season national television schedule features the Aces on ESPN2 on three occasions—Friday, May 31 at Phoenix (7 pm); Tuesday, July 23 vs. the defending WNBA Champion Seattle Storm (7 pm); and Thursday, August 1 at Los Angeles (7 pm).
The 2019 WNBA All-Star Game is also being played at Mandalay Events Center on Saturday, July 27. Tip on ABC is slated for 12:30 pm.
“Our front office staff, players, and especially our fans, can’t wait to tip off the second season of Las Vegas Aces basketball this season,” said President and Head Coach of the Aces, Bill Laimbeer.
“We had a great inaugural season a year ago, both on and off the court, and our expectations for success continue to grow.”
“Starting off the year at home against Los Angeles is an added bonus. The Sparks have been the most successful team in the West with regards to postseason appearances since the league’s inception, and they will provide us with a good early-season test to see how much we’ve grown as a team. I anticipate a sell-out crowd to ring in the new year for the Aces.”
Other home highlights of the 2019 schedule include an additional meeting with the WNBA Champion Seattle Storm on Tuesday, June 25 at 7 pm; a Tuesday, August 13 game against the 2018 Eastern Conference regular season champion Atlanta Dream (7 pm); and games against last year’s WNBA runner-up, the Washington Mystics, on Thursday, June 20 at 7 pm, and Friday, July 5 at 7:30 pm.
The 2019 regular season concludes on Sunday, September 8 as the Aces travel to Phoenix for a 1 pm tip.
To purchase tickets or request additional information, please visit LasVegasAces.com, call (702) 692-ACES, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Schedule Notes
• The Aces play each team three times, save for the Los Angeles Sparks, whom they play four times
• Las Vegas is at home for nine of its first 14 games.
• The Aces close out their schedule with five of their last six, and six of their last eight games on the road.
• The team’s longest home stand is three games, on four different occasions.
• The Aces longest road trip is four games, from July 7 through July 19.
• Las Vegas doesn’t have any back-to-back games.
• The Aces’ 34 games this year will be played over 106 days. Their 34 scheduled games in 2018 were slated to be played over 92 days.
• This year’s season opener is May 26. The season opener in 2018 was May 20.
• The final game of the season this year is on September 8. Last year, the final game of the season was on August 19.
The Las Vegas Aces tipped off their first season of WNBA competition in May of 2018. Playing at Mandalay Bay Events Center, the Aces are coached by legendary NBA player and WNBA Head Coach Bill Laimbeer. On the court, Las Vegas is led by a pair of All Stars in 2018 Rookie of the Year A’ja Wilson and Kayla McBride. The Aces improved from eight to 14 wins last season, just missing out on a postseason berth. Las Vegas won the rights to the first overall pick in the 2019 WNBA Draft during the August 28 WNBA Draft Lottery. Mandalay Bay Events Center is also home to WNBA All-Star 2019 on Saturday, July 27 of next year. For additional information about the Aces, please visit LasVegasAces.com, or follow @LVAces on social media via Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.